For most people, early December through New Year’s is the busiest time of year. So it’s not surprising that between shopping for gifts, attending holiday gatherings, and seeing to the rest of your regular responsibilities, a daily fitness routine can go by the wayside. But even if your schedule is jam-packed, it doesn’t mean you should give up working out altogether.
Staying active during the holidays can be easier than you might think.
Here is a simple 10 minute workout that you can be sure to squeeze in between shopping, holiday partying and juggling all the activities of a non-stop holiday season- no excuses.
This may not be a routine you use consistently moving forward but it will ensure you will keep active and even elevate your holiday spirit by keeping stress under control.
Every little bit of activity can boost your health, help burn calories and keep you energized all season long!
- Lunges. Do three sets of 12. It’s great for legs and glutes.
- Push-ups. Do three sets of 10. It’s an awesome upper body move. Plus, it works chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps.
- Bicycles. Do three sets of 20. It’s an all-over abdominal exercise, and engages upper, lower and oblique abdominal muscles.
- Stretch. Stretching before & after exercise warms up muscles and increases your flexibility.
- Extra credit. Squeeze in a 20-minute jog or brisk walk to add some cardio!